The Creators Music Academy is committed to creating a safe learning environment for its students, parents, and teachers. In response to the ongoing threat posed by COVID-19, we have developed rigorous social-distancing and cleaning protocols.
Instructions for Students and Parents
- Ask all students to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their lesson, and leave straight after
- Please do not enter the music room until the current student has left. Make sure you wait 1.5m away from the door so they can exit safely.
- Let your teacher open and close the door for you
- Masks may be worn while arriving/leaving lessons. It is however impossible to have a woodwind instrument lesson wearing a mask.
- If you have a temperature or any cold or flew like symptoms regardless of how mild you will not be able to attend your lesson in-person. You will however be able to have an online lesson during your normal allocated lesson time.
- Only 1 adult and student are permitted in the music room at a time (children under the age of 6 are excluded) other family member may wait on the front veranda or in their car.
- Wherever possible maintain 1.5m between teacher and student
- There is to be no sharing of instruments, including the piano. A separate digital piano has been set up for students to use and it will be disinfected between each student
- Please bring your own stationary.
- All students/visitors are required to sign in using the QR code provided (note only 1 person per family needs to scan the code – which requires the free App
- Everyone will be asked to hand sanitize before entering using the provided sanitizer
- No longer excepting cash payments – please pay via bank transfer instead – note invoices will be sent out every fortnight.
- Window will be kept open to increase ventilation (please bring a jacket if it is cold)
- Keyboards and other instruments will be disinfected between users.
- Please notify your teacher if you or someone in your immediate bubble has come into with a COVID-19 case.
Ongoing Maintenance Plan
- We will monitor and follow the advice of our Health Authorities with regard to Covid-19
- we will monitor our community of students, and teachers for cases of Covid–19
- If we a case of Covid–19 is traced to our premises, we will management team will immediately establish an action plan based on the advice of Health Authorities which may include a full or partial closure of the business to allow for thorough cleaning, contact tracing and testing
- keep our team and community informed of changes to our policies and any other matters of importance.
To ensure safe physical distancing, we have:
- Displayed notices advising the maximum room capacity on each the door of every studio and room (based on 1 person per 2 sqm) and ensure these limits are complied with at all times
- Modified the configuration and equipment in all studios for safe physical distancing within each studio
- Modified seating in our waiting areas for physical distancing
- Placed reminders for our coaches and students to maintain safe physical distancing (1.5m) within all studio sessions
- Re-arranged our work spaces, desks, counters and placed distance markers on the floor to ensure safe distancing between customers and staff
To ensure safe health and hygiene practices, we have:
- Used a hospital grade disinfectant (Virex) to clean all hard surfaces daily (seats, door handles, music stands)
- Placed signs throughout our facilities to remind customers and students about good hygiene and safe distancing
- Prohibited the sharing of instruments, accessories and gear amongst staff, students and teachers
- Prohibited ensembles and singing in groups in excess of 4 people